caused cysts!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I faithfully took this product along with powdered vitamin c since November. About a month after starting, I developed a giant cyst on my neck. I have never been prone to acne as a teenager and especially now that I'm 40! It never went away and left a terrible scar. After that I noticed cyst after cyst on my neck, face, etc. I didn't connect the dots until my friend who was also taking it, said she quit taking it because it gave her acne. Sure enough, I stopped and I have never had a cyst again...I also put on 5 pounds that I could NOT get rid of no matter how much I exercised. Beware of this product.

Neocell, Super Collagen, Type 1 & 3, 7 oz ( CYSTS) 9

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I took this product for 6 days and I stopped because I developed 2 cysts, one on my upper chest and another on my neck. Even though I haven't taken it for 2 days, I now have about 8 or so, even one on my back. I have never had a problem with my skin breaking out and I'm past child bearing age. I have taken collagen before and it never caused me any problems. I decided to add this to my regime and viola! Cysts and breakouts galore. BE CAREFUL! I read that other people had the same reaction as I have had on this product. I don't know how long before these breakouts will go away, I have had the first 2 for about 4 days and they haven't improved at all and I've developed more since...BEWARE!!! I hope this will help anyone who may encounter the same or similar problems to see the correlation (start taking this product and sudden acne...).

Not for vegans

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS OR VEGANS as it is of bovine source - that is it is cow cellulose. I didn't know it at the time and took it for a few days (Ack!) but I can definitely attest to its effectiveness. There are many other veggie caps available, and definitely consider looking into them if you are concerned about the ethical sourcing of the products you buy and support.

It's non-organic Bovine Collagen which means...

Posted by EdiblyOrganic on Sep 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'd purchased this but once it had arrived, thought better of taking it as a supplement. I try to eat as much organic foods as possible, and do my best to stay away from GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms). Because this isn't an organic product, it's made from cows that are force fed GMO crops, & the antibiotics they're being pumped up with to starve off illnesses associated with confinement and GMO feed. Cows and human bodies were never designed to process such a thing. If my review has been helpful to you, please click on the 'yes' link down below. ;)

Caused break outs on my face (other websites could have false reviews)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'm a 30 year old guy. I noticed that my skin and complexion improved in the first week. But as I carried on taking Neocell my face started to break out with acne. I hadn't had acne like this for many years which made me certain that this product caused it. With only half the bottle gone, I'm afraid I've got to stop taking it. What a waste. Before I buy a product I also check out reviews on other websites. I found out that one particular website doesn't have any reviews reporting acne problems of people taking this product which made made suspicious since there are several reviews on this website reporting the same problem of break outs. There ought to be at least a couple of reviews on acne problems but there is none.

Not for acne prone skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately it causes me cysts. I strongly advise those with acne prone skin to not try these. Now I hope that DMAE and L Cytstine help my skin and hair....

NO RESULTS AFTER MONTHS OF USE

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

now I know why I didnt see or feel any results, I researched online and many say our body can not absorb this product and Andrew Lessman states our body can not absorb the hyaluronic acid that they say you should take with this product.

Bad experience

Posted by mcalmont-butler on Jan 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I would not recommend this product to anyone cos I've unfortunately experienced shedding of hair and headaches with this. I did some further research on the ingredients and found that some of the ingredients in here such as arginine and lysine can increase hair shedding in some. I'm not sure if the headaches mean I might also be allergic to this in some way. I'm going to use this topically as a face masque now til I use up the whole tub.

Gained 5lbs, headache & Acne!! buyer beware.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Used it exactly for 10dys. On the first 3 days I was bloated a lot? don't know why! Gained 5lbs(didn't change anything on diet!) on the 4th day noticed cyst on temple area, on day 5 woke up and was breaking out all over! still continued mixing 1scp w/orange juice hoping the breaking out/headache had nothing to due with the product unfortunately on day ten Sunday 02/2 I had to accept that this product was not doing anything for me but causing me a lot of problems. I HAD TO STOP. So far: gained weight 5lbs. caused me headache and breaking out all over! Hope I soon recover from what I did to myself with this product. I never write reviews good or bad but I had to write this one to warn people like me who are curious about taken this stuff. Good luck.

Thumbs down for me!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product gave me terrible acne (I'm acne prone to begin with), had to stop after two uses.